The Indiana Pacers still have a few roster spots left to fill after their big night to start free agency. With as much as nearly $6 million in cap space and the $5 million room exception, Kevin Pritchard and the front office have enough money to find some good pieces to add depth to the team.
After the excellent additions of Malcolm Brogdon and Jeremy Lamb, the team’s depth chart looks something like this:
- Point guard: Malcolm Brogdon, Aaron Holiday
- Shooting guard: Victor Oladipo, Jeremy Lamb, Edmond Sumner
- Small Forward: TJ Warren, Doug McDermott, Brian Bowen (2-way contract)
- Power Forward: Domantas Sabonis, TJ Leaf, Alize Johnson
- Center: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze
There’s some issues with looking at it this way that over simplifies things when multiple guys can play more than just one position. Brogdon, Holiday and Sumner can play both guard spots, Lamb, Sumner and McDermott can play the 2 or the 3, Warren can play both forward positions, and Turner, Sabonis and Bitadze are all primarily centers but could all see time at the 4 as well this year.
So what do the Pacers still need on the roster? Continue reading Final touches the Pacers can make in free agency